Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Seraphine Muse Welcomes Sylvia Hientz Moderator of the Never Too Old for Young Adult Group


Hello Muses and Fallen Friends,


     Today we have yet another outstanding contributor and tireless pioneer of the literary community visiting with us today. I'm especially excited about today's guest because she is known for her dedication and support of indie authors and publishers. She gave my debut novel one of the first and most heartfelt reviews it has ever received. Her reputation as a goodreads reviewer is outstanding. And you haven't seen a Pinterest list until you follow this little lady's boards. You will get addicted. Trust me. It happened to me. The list for this moderator is endless. But most of all she's a beautiful wife and the mother of two very gorgeous young sons who all live in the Western suburbs of Sydney, Australia. I am honored to introduce the Never Too Old For Young Adult Group moderator, the fabulous Sylvia Afarian Hientz. 





My name is (Sylvia Hientz aka Heinzypop) And I am a blogger!  I am also a Moderator for the Never Too Old For YA Books on Goodreads and Facebook


SM: Where were you born and where do you call home? 
I was born in Auburn, a suburb in Western Sydney, Australia.

SM: How long have you been blogging?  
I've been a GR moderator for a year now.

SM: What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about? 
Transcend by Christine Fonseca

SM: What did you think about the cover? 
I loved the cover, it was beautiful and haunting, just like the story.

SM: If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be? 
What inspires you? What keeps you continuing to write, even when there is so much negativity? and What would you be doing if you weren't writing?

SM: Can you name one of your favorite chapters? 
Not at the top of my head.

SM: What was you most favorite character and why? 
Ien Montgomery, the young composer. He was so tortured and full of torment and suffering, I really feel a connection to a character like that. The tortured souls are always my favourite. Don't ask me why, but I want to help them. 

SM: If this book was part of a series, would you read the next book? 
Absolutely, it was stunning.

SM: Was this a book you were asked to review or did you buy it? 
I was graciously asked to review it by the author herself. 

SM: Have you written a book yourself or are you planning to in the future? 
Yes, I am dabbling here and there, but nothing concrete. 

SM: What genre is your favorite and why? 
I reading PNR, Fantasy, Dystopian, Sci-Fi, YA and NA, Contemporary and Historical Romance, Literature…I basically love reading them all, though Horror is my least favourite.

SM: If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you? 
Hmmm, this is a difficult one, just three. There are so many, but I would have to say Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Bronze Horseman by Paulinna Simons and The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare.


SM: Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? 
Ummm, yes, B.C. Morin and KaSonndra Leigh :)  SM: Aww Shucks. I'm blushing. :D

SM: Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover? 
I love paperback's. I grab all my favourite books and series to have placed on my shelf, but I love the convenience of an ebook.

SM: Where do you prefer to buy your books? 
I love going to the bookstore, but I mostly buy online via book depository for paperback's and Amazon for ebook. 

SM: Have you ever read a book more than once? 
Oh, yes. I often visit them more than once, like seeing an old friend. 

SM: Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version? 
The Vampire Diaries is a much better TV series than the books ever were. 

SM: What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)? I'm currently reading Seduced in the Dark by C.J. Roberts and it's an ebook (mobi format) 

What book are you about to start reading? Hmm, not too sure, I've got too many books to read, but I'm wanting to pick up The Mayfair Moon by J.A. Redmerski, it's one of our Book of the Month reads. 

SM: What book do you know that you will never read? 
Paranormalcy series. I tried desperately to read the first book, but I couldn't read on. 

SM: Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why? 
B.C. Morin, author of Mark of the Princess. She weaves an amazing story full of rich characters that sweep you away to another place. Julie Reece, author of Crux. She is a wonderful writer and is a great friend of our group. So is Christine Fonseca, who is a poet if you ask me. They all write such unique stories that take your breath away.

SM: Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of? 
Um, yes Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. It wasn't satisfying enough for me, though we all know what war really does to a soul. And, Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer. That book just KILLED ME, that's all I'm going to say. 

SM: What are your thoughts on book trailers? 
I really love watching them. They give you an insight as to what the story is about, though sometimes I would rather read the book first, then watch the trailer. I don't want my perception of the story and characters to be imbedded in my mind. 


SM: Do you ever blog in your PJ’s? 
Yes LOL

SM: Sleep in or get up early? 
Umm, with young kids I'm up early. 



SM: Pet peeves? 
Reviewers who trash an author and a book. Yes be objective and write an honest review, but no need to go on a 'hate campaign' about a book. State what you like or don't like, don't trash or get personal.




SM: What would you like Santa to bring you? 
A great circle of friends through GR and FB LOL She already has this. :D




SM: If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be? 
Oh I would travel through Europe, it's always been a dream of mine. 




SM: How often do you blog? 
Everyday, which irk's my hubby. 




SM: How many books do you read in a month - roughly? 
It really all depends on the month, but I would average between 5 - 10 

SM: Favorite color? 
Ooh I switch from black to red.

SM: What are 5 items you never leave home without? 
My iPhone, wallet, keys, children and coke.


SM: Favorite book character or film character crush.  Yes you can pick 2 :)
Just two, I have more than that but my all time favourite crush is a TV character called Dean Winchester (Mr Jensen Ackles)..ask anyone, you all know how obsessed I am with him. As for Character, it's a toss between Will Herondale from Infernal Devices series, Ash the Winter Prince from The Iron Fey Series and Alexander "Shura" Belov/Barrington from The Bronze Horseman. I really can't choose, I can name more if you like, Brennus from Mark of the Princess, Faris from When Copper Suns Fall, Patch from Hush Hush, are you going to stop me now LOL 
SM: We all LOVE gushing over book boyfriends! We won't dare try and stop you! LOL


It's Tidbits Time: A Taste of a few, well, yummy things Sylvia enjoys...



A character you love to hate in what book/TV show or movie. 
I loathe Shay from the Nightshade series by Andrea Cremer. 

Cats or dogs? Dogs

White wine or red? None, I don't like alcohol 

Coffee or tea? Tea, please

Favorite food? My mum's cooking :D, though I love Risotto.

Vanilla or chocolate ice cream? Chocolate, please.

What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed? I watched 21 Jumpstreet the movie and couldn't stop laughing my head off it was hilarious. 

What scares you? My children being in any sort of danger. 

Where can we STALK you? 

My facebook page: Never Too Old For YA Books 
My Goodreads page: Never Too Old For YA Books 
Twitter: (Sign the Petition to get Sylvia on Twitter. hehehe) 
Other: http://pinterest.com/heinzypop

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your blogging world.  You are a wonderful person, a great friend, and the literary world would not be the same without  you. 

Join us tomorrow when J.A. Redmerski, bestselling Author of the Dark Woods Trilogy, joins us at the Seraphine Muse. We have all kinds of fun treats in store for you so make sure you come back!



7 comments:

Sylvia Hientz said...

I am completely honoured to have been asked to do this for my wonderful and amazing friend KaSonndra :) thank you so much! It is really fun being on the other end of the spotlight...now I know how you really feel :)

Marni said...

Awesome interview! Great pics!

Sylvia Hientz said...

Oh love the Jensen pic ;)

Tina Donnelly said...

Love the interview and photo. I knew you wouldn't forget Brennus! LOL

KaSonndra Leigh said...

Thanks so much for stopping by everyone. Sylvia aced this interview like a true star. And now let the twitter petition signing begin!

Hugz,
Kay

Christine Fonseca said...

Thanks for the shout out!! Great interview!!!

Sylvia Hientz said...

LOL I have absolutely no time for twitter ... not yet anyway ;)

Post a Comment