Monday, September 10, 2012

The Seraphine Muse Welcomes Diayll Sales Owner of the MomGamerWriter Blog

Hello Muses and Fallen Friends,

     Today I'm proud to welcome the second guest of our Bloggerthon spotlight sponsored along with Hollywood Tweet. In case you didn't catch what this is all about the last time, here's a recap. Each week 3-4 bloggers will be spotlighted and talked about on twitter. No, no, not in a bad way. LoL But we'll be sending out information on top events they have going on at their online hangouts. Why are well doing all of this? Well simply because bloggers rock! Without them putting countless hours into promoting the stories that we authors write, then the world would be filled with boring textbooks instead. :D
 
For those of you who aren't familiar with what Diayll does, then let me give you a mini explanation through pictures. She not only reviews books, but she also give us the dibs on the latest happenings in the video game world. During those times that she isn't giving us the scoop on books and video games, she's working hard as a student.

But the depth of this girl doesn't end at reviews and things. No Siree!
She also has one of the toughest but most fulfilling jobs in the world to tackle. And this is what makes her so admirable in my eyes. Being a mom myself, I understand the trials and hard work that goes into being a diva of the multitasking ring. Diayll is also a mom.

Just look at this beautiful picture:


Now what is there not to love about those beautiful faces and smiles! :D

     Without further ado, let me introduce Ms. Diayll Sales! Applause please. LoL

My name is Diayll.  And I am a blogger!  My blog is called Mother/Gamer/Writer


SM: Where were you born and where do you call home? 

I am a straight up country girl from the small (actually tiny) town of Elkin, NC. I was born and raised on a tobacco farm and grew up playing in cornfields, squashing caterpillars, and picking green beans.


SM: How long have you been blogging?  

I have been blogging for little over a year now. Funny, it seems like just yesterday I wrote my first post on “How Not To Start A Blog”. LOL It’s not even a long post, more like me rambling. Which I tend to do…a lot. *le sigh*

SM: What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?

Oh my goodness. I just reviewed the awesomeness that is Mockingbird by Chuck Wendig.  Mockingbird is a rare gem of dirty, dangerous, insane fun! And yes, you can quote me on that.

SM: What did you think about the cover?

Mockingbird has one of the most unique covers I’ve ever seen. The background is white with a woman sort of painted on the front in black. Snaking from her air are several different scenes depicted from the novel and in her hand is a bloody knife. Its genius really. Something that will definitely make you stop and pause if you were randomly passing it in a store.

SM: If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?

Personally, there is only one question that ever fascinates me when it comes to authors and their work, and that’s “how did you come up with the story?”  I love hearing how ideas spring to life or one simple concept can be woven into something extremely intricate and spectacular. And with Mockingbird, I am dying to know the history behind Miriam Black and her bizarre personality and rare gift.

SM: If this book was part of a series, would you read the next book?

Mockingbird is the second book in the Miriam Black Series. The first was Blackbirds and the third installment will be called, Cormorant (Miriam Black, #3). And yes, I will be reading Cormorant. 

SM: Have you written a book yourself or are you planning to in the future?

Haha is that a trick question to get me to say something I am not ready to discuss? LOL
SM:  Hmm she has me curious about that answer. :D

SM: What genre is your favorite and why?

My first love will always be Fantasy. I love everything about magic, faraway lands, mystical creatures, and hero’s sweeping in to the rescue. However, here lately I’ve open my eyes to the wonderful world of Steampunk and its quickly climbing the ladder to a number two position within my heart. Of course my fall back genre is Paranormal Romance. Yes my darlings, I will always be a romantic at heat who quickly falls for alpha males with bad attitudes and rock hard abs. Hey, a girl can dream can’t she?


SM: If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?

How about I just happen to have my Nook and its packed full of all my favorite books? Does that count? LOL (I'm a Nookie too, btw. So I understand your pain. LOL)

If I am forced to choose, though I am sadden to do so, I MUST have a copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, any book written by Gena Showalter, and whatever manuscript masterpiece I am currently working on.

SM: Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

Heck yeah! If you read my blog, or follow me on Twitter, you probably know I have a MEGA girl crush on Gena Showalter. Everything she writes is like Heaven on Earth and if I ever met her in real life, I might just melt into a puddle of drool. Seriously, I love her and could read her writing every day for the rest of my life. Yup, it’s that good.

SM: Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I prefer ALL books. I think I read ebooks faster, but I do love a good hardcover to display on my shelf.


SM: Where do you prefer to buy your books?

I am really addicted to Barnes & Noble. I love to go into the store, smell all the fresh pages, and ogle over the shiny new covers. It doesn’t help that they have a coffee shop in there to make me extra jittery as I am carousing the floor.

Have you ever read a book more than once?

Doesn’t everybody?

SM: Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?

I’ve recently fallen in love with a couple of Indie Authors, Dana Michelle Burnett and KaSonndra Leigh. Both have written unique ghost stories and both stories scared the ever loving bejeezes out of me! You can see my review of Haunted (Spiritus #2) by Dana  HERE and my review of Hacienda Moon by KaSonndra will be up later this week. I highly recommend both books and both authors if you crave well-written paranormal stories with haunting characters, and romance that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
(Hmm...I'll have to check these stories out. I love ghostly reads. But wait! One of them is mine...LOL) 


SM:  Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?

Honestly, I have never wanted to rewrite the ending of a book. In my opinion, if that’s how the characters story ended, regardless if I approved or not, then by the authors standards their story has come to a close. Now don’t get me wrong, some endings are far better than others, but still I tend to look at the ending in comparison to the overall body of work. How did the character get from point A to point B, what changes did they make, what did they sacrifice, did they fall in love, how has their view changed from the beginning to the end? I am more concerned with these questions than just the ending itself. If a novel satisfies me overall, then usually I can be happy with an ending no matter how it turned out.

SM: Do you ever blog in your PJ’s?

Haha, I am answering these questions in my PJ’s…so I guess that would be a BIG fat yes!


SM: Sleep in or get up early?

I am always up early, even on the weekends. Crazy right?


SM: Pet peeves? 

People who don’t read my review policy!

There is always that one person who tries to slip in under the radar. Yes folks, when you submit novels to us, we take into consideration if you are following the guidelines we have established. It’s not because we as bloggers are picky, it’s because our time is precious, and we want to make sure no time is being wasted or your book isn’t given the best possible treatment because it does not fit our blog. It happens, not all books are for us but we do try to be as fair as possible.

SM: Favorite color?

All shades of pink.  Now if I had a pink Xbox, my life would be perfect. Maybe Santa could work on that for me. *hint hint*

SM:  What are 5 items you never leave home without.

My purse, lip gloss, hand sanitizer, gum, phone.  In that order.

SM: What is your most favorite electronic gadget?

Well, that’s a tie between my iPhone and my Xbox 360. I don’t think I could live without either of them.

SM: Favorite book character or film character crush.  Yes you can pick 2 :)

Neo from the Matrix. Love him! Oh and I also have a thing for  D'Artagnan from The Man in The Iron Mask.  Ooooooh, and how could I forget my first fangirl crush…Patrick Stewart as Captain Jean-Luc Picard on Star Trek The Next Generation. Can we say yummy?!

Okay, that’s three but I couldn’t help myself.
SM: (Neo, how do we love thee? Let me count the many tasty ways...LoL)


SM: Coffee or tea?

Sweet Tea of course, I am a southern girl of course.


Where can we STALK you?


Stop on by and talk books, video games, anime, comics, and movies with us!

My Facebook page:  MotherGamerWriter - Visit Our New Page!
Twitter: MomGamerWriter - Follow Me For Gaming and Book Industry News, I Tweet A Lot!




Thank you so much Diayll for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your blogging world.  

Thank you for sharing and thank you for blogging.
Thank you so much for having me! Hope to see you across the reading, blogging, gaming world!
~ Diayll ~

What a great interview! Also, Muses, you can still pick up your free copy of my latest novel Hacienda Moon, yep the scary ghost story Diayll mentioned, until 3pm EST today! So get cracking and download it here: http://www.amazon.com/Hacienda-Moon-Path-Seekers-ebook/dp/B008QAY0BQ

Our guest on Wednesday, 9/12, will be one of the lovely moderators of one the fastest growing goodreads community called the Never Too Old for Young Adult Group! 

Yours in Prose,
KayLeigh





2 comments:

Diayll Sales said...

Thanks for having me on the blog today!!!!!

KaSonndra Leigh said...

You're so very welcome. It's always a pleasure!

xxHugz,
Kay

Post a Comment