Saturday, September 1, 2012

Spotlight on the Musical Inspirations of Photographer Michelle Monique

Hello Muses and Fallen Friends,

Today I'm both excited and honored to have photographer Michelle Monique visiting the Seraphine Muse! In case you're not familiar with her work, she is the cover designer for numerous professional publishing houses such as Random House and Penguin. You're probably more familiar with her work than you realize. She has done covers for:



International Best-Selling Author Andrea Cremer (Rift) 




Nancy Holder's Unleashed Series




My personal faves: the Darkwoods Trilogy Books 1 and 2 by J.A. Redmerski



 and 


And I'm excited to say that in about ten more days I will also be doing a cover reveal at Young Adult Teen Reads for my re-released Lost Immortals Series. And guess who my new designer for the series is? You win the prize if you said the fabulous Michelle Monique. Can you see me doing my happy dance from where you're sitting? 


Musical Inspirations for a Muse of the Visual Kind...


Being that I'm a musically inclined person, I was dying to know what if any kind of music inspired these gorgeous creations. So I asked her what tunes inspired her work. Well, Michelle did not disappoint. She gave me some pretty interesting and unique answers. I think you'll be surprised by the variety. I'm going to try and do my best to present them in a visually pleasing kind of way for you. 

So without further hesitation...
 

1) Starting off the list with an epic bang is none other than one of my own favs...
 
Michelle's thoughts: The Pirates of the Carribean soundtrack. Ok, I don't think I've done a Pirate shoot yet, but this music just makes everything more epic. The second I turn it on during a photoshoot, the model gives me the perfect fierce look and a dangerous pose with barely any need for direction from me.
 
Thank you Hans Zimmer, thank you dearly.





2)  The World of Warcraft Soundtrack - Yet another Epic collection. No wonder her creations all rock. I love this song too. Enjoy!

Michelle's thoughts: I love to listen to the World of Warcraft soundtrack while editing. It has a zone that relates to almost any type of fantasy genre. Alien, werewolf, viking, pirate, undead - you name it and there's a song that corresponds with it Depending on the mood of the picture I'm editing, I will pick a song that relates to it.

 







3) A peaceable song for that moment when she slides into that final zone. The one where the soul of her creation is done, but a bit of meditative thought is needed to make sure everything is just right.
 
 
4)  And finally...for that moment of resurrected peace after the work is done. The hauntingly memorable Requiem for a Dream.




Thank you so much for visiting with the Seraphine Muse today and sharing the music of your personal musical world. You've given me and my readers many inspirational pieces to enjoy! And remember to mark your calendars for the cover reveal of my novel the Lost Immortals Book One designed by our lovely guest Michelle Monique.

Now I'm off to listen to all of this great music!




In case you missed any of the last few stops, here's the list of blogs that participated in this tour:

August:
22: Raschel's Reads: Interview - 
www.raschel-reads.blogspot.com

23: TK Knox: Interview - www.tk-knox.blogspot.com

24: Andrea Heltsley: Promo/Interview - andreaheltsley.blogspot.com

25: Jessy: Art Show/Interview - www.jessysbookends.blogspot.com/

26: Jessica Redmerski: '10 Weird Things' - www.jessicaredmerski.com

27:

28: Devon Ashley: Top 10 - www.devonashleywrites.blogspot.com

29: Beverly Sharp: Artwork Feature/Bio - www.wormyhole.blogspot.com

30: Amy Fournier: ___ - www.booklovingme.com

31: Inna: Art Feature - thebookconfessions.blogspot.com

September:


2: Kassondra Leigh: Musical Inspirations - http://www.kasonndraleigh.com

3: Urban Fantasies: Teenage Garage Sale - www.urbanfantasyinvestigations.blogspot.com/

 

3 comments:

nat said...

Oh wow, what an awesome set of Musical Inspirations. So different. I love her covers :)

J.A. Redmerski said...

I love all of that music, too! I have the Pirates soundtrack and also frequently listen to Requiem for a Dream on a mixed CD in my car. So awesome! Great tour stop, KaSonndra. :-)

KaSonndra Leigh said...

Thx Nat and J.A. for stopping by. I just received my proof for the new cover of the Lost Immortals from Michelle and I was floored. I can't wait to show it to you all! Congratulations Nat on winning the Hacienda Moon Release Day Giveaway! One of J.A.'s great novels will be included in that package! :D

Post a Comment