Thursday, September 20, 2012

Spotlight on J.A. Redmerski Author of the DarkWoods Trilogy

Hello Muses and Fallen Friends,


      Today I have yet another exciting guest visiting the Muse today. This lady is also one of the many hybrids that will be visiting us this month. She is both blogger and best-selling author. On top of all that she has also become one of my newest friends. I am happy to share her interview and book spotlight with you all today. So, without anymore babbling and extra word count, allow me to introduce the author of those the author of those incredible Dark Woods Trilogy novels, the Mayfair Moon and Kindred, by Ms. J.A. Redmerski. 


Interview with Author & Blogger J.A. Redmerski


SM:  Do you have a specific writing style?

I love to write in first-person POV because I love dialogue and because first-person is almost like being able to write the entire book in dialogue. First-person narrative is much more personal than third-person and I believe it helps readers connect with the protagonist on a deeper level. It's like reading straight from their diary or something and gives the reader an in-depth experience into the character's mind.

SM: What are your current projects?

Right now I’m working on the third book in The Darkwoods Trilogy titled THE BALLAD OF ARAMEI, but I’ve also been working on a contemporary romance novel that has no supernatural elements at all, which is a first for me! But I’m enjoying it a lot. 

SM: Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

It’s really a toss-up between Anne Rice and Neil Gaiman. I love Rice’s deep, descriptive style and Gaiman’s unique ideas.

SM: Who designed the covers?

The lovely Michelle Monique did the covers for my Darkwoods Trilogy and the artist for my novel, DIRTY EDEN, is Daniele Serra.

SM: What were the challenges (research, literary, psychological, and logistical) in bringing it to life?

I am OCD when it comes to getting details as accurate as possible when writing about existing places. In KINDRED, for instance, I did a lot of extensive research on Portland, Maine (right down to the brick color of some existing buildings, etc.) and also timed my scenes throughout the book with the accurate phases of the moon in 2012 (because that book takes place in 2012). I know that I probably didn’t get everything right and it’s impossible to when you haven’t actually been to a place you’re writing about, but Google maps and the internet really make it closer to possible than ever before.

SM: What is your favorite type of food?

Sushi!

SM: Who is your favorite book boyfriend?

I can’t say or my other book boyfriend might find out! (Smart Lady. Especially since book boyfriends come equipped with swords and hot tempers these days. Yikes!)

SM: Do you have a song that you'd consider the theme for your novel?

Howl by Florence and the Machine





Thanks so much for taking the time to visit the Seraphine Muse today. I am a HUGE fan of this author's. As an angel book lover, I'm picky about vampire and werewolf novels. But Isaac, oh dear sweet Isaac Mayfair has won my heart. Uh-oh. I'd better be quiet. There are other book boyfriends reading this today! :D

Purchase the Mayfair Moon: http://www.amazon.com/Mayfair-Moon-Darkwoods-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B006UMIJOG

Purchase Kindred: http://www.amazon.com/Kindred-The-Darkwoods-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B008N6Z2DS

Purchase Dirty Eden:  http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Eden-ebook/dp/B007J6U2NI

Author Website  http://jessicaredmerski.com/

Tomorrow I have a special overdue treat for you. There'll also be details of an exciting new contest that will be held during the re-release party for the Lost Immortals at the Young Adult Teen Readers group on facebook! Stay tuned!
xxHugz

2 comments:

Sylvia Hientz said...

Such a great interview and I second that RAWR about Isaac I'm currently reading The Mayfair Moon and loving it :)

J.A. Redmerski said...

Thanks for having me on your blog, KaSonndra! :-)

Post a Comment