Sunday, June 10, 2012

Daemon Invasion at the Seraphine Muse



Hello Muses and Fallen Friends,



Okay. So I finally broke down and read it.

Generally, I'm not a big fan of girl drooling over cute guy w/bad attitude books. All right, sometimes I'm a fan of those. Hehe. But surprisingly, Obsidian turned out to be quite the opposite. And then a funny thing happened...I found myself reading it in one sitting. I mean, I put everything aside for the next six hours and plowed through Ms. Armentrout's charming tale of an alien guy and his human girlfriend. This is something that's hard for me to do given my super cluttered lifestyle.

Things I adored: there were no sparkly vampires. No girl trying to commit suicide because drool-worthy cute guy acted like a douche. There were no epic battles with names I couldn't pronounce. The single mother in the book wasn't portrayed as sex crazed, drunk, or dumb. She had a profession and her daughter was the first priority. It was quite simply, a quick and fun read.

Things I didn't adore. There really was only one...Daemon. He was a jerk for so long that when he started to reveal some of his motivations for being a douche that I had to work hard to feel for him the way Katy did. I was about ready to start getting my 3.5 wings ready until Katy held her ground against this guy. Go Katy!

There were some epic get-even scenes in here, I thought. Without getting spoilery, there's this one cafeteria scene that you will remember and re-read again and again. I did. I LOVE that Katy was so strong. But she was also soft at just the right moments.

All in all this was a very good read. I happily give it 4.5 wings in hopes that Daemon will work harder and charm me even more in the next installment...Onyx. From what I've seen of the reviews I have no doubt that he will. I'd recommend this one to paranormal romance lovers who enjoy fast, fun reads.

My rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment